Saturday, March 17, 2007

Moving


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!


One of my friends came really, really close to losing everything on her laptop due to a computer crash. Fortunately, her father (likely a computer genius) was able to recover most of her music and pictures off the hard drive before completely ditching the wounded machine. So I took her advice and got me an external hard drive to back up all my stuff in case something goes wrong with my Gateway notebook.

Upon migrating all my files to a safer place, I found it was almost like moving from an old home. There are some documents and data of utmost importance which are quickly moved and secured. There are other things you can't believe you have kept all these years and find it a perfect time to chuck them. You also set aside some things to later decide what-in-the-heck they are and what to do with them. And of course, there are the photos and music which take you on a trip down memory lane.

It's funny how much has changed these last five years since having my own computer, and virtually filling it with all my parts of my life. Time is moving too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment