Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Checkpoint

It feels good to pass through one. You get a chance to stop for a bit, take stock, and get a feel for how far you've gone on your journey. I guess after walking out of your very last class in grad school (hence, my MIA status for the past couple weeks), it seems to be that time.

In a nutshell: I'm just glad it's all over and done.

Don't get me wrong, it was a big plus to be working with other graduate civil engineers possessing different skills and abilities. Most of them are also working too, so we shared the fatigue that comes from walking into an evening class after a full day's work. Also, I understood more that when you learn together, you also tend to learn about one another and how to play off each other's strengths and weaknesses to accomplish goals. They help the work feel anything but that.

But after 18 years straight of academic classes, it's clearly time to move on. I can't wait to see the next best thing. =)

"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson." ~ Tom Bodett

Let the tests begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment