Friday, June 15, 2007

Putting Faith Into Action

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone. ~James 2:14-24


There was once a man stranded in the ocean. As he was treading water, a ship passed by and the crew asked him if he needed help.
"No," he replied, "God will save me."
The ship left. He continued to tread water and as he began to get weary and started sinking, another ship came.
"Do you need help?", they asked.
"No," he replied once again, "God will save me!"
The second ship left, and the man drowned. When he arrived in heaven, the man asked of God with an air of shock,
"Lord, I had faith and you did not save me!" To which God replied,
"Dude, I sent you two ships, you dummy!"


And let's not forget...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment