Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Unraveling

Over the weekend, I was asked to serve the youth at our church's Cantonese fellowship retreat down in Anaheim. We stayed at the Hilton Suites just down a few blocks from Disneyland, so after dinner on Saturday night, I went with my Eureka co-counselors to check out Downtown Disney and their fireworks spectacular.


Drew Tretick & "A Time to Say Goodbye"

I felt a sort of peace I haven't felt in a long time. That for those few hours, I didn't have to do, but just be. To stop and watch life unravel itself around me.

The colorful blinking lights.
The sounds of family laughter.
The music of Drew Tretick's violin.
The smells of fresh bread and sweet candy in the air.
The sight of fireworks exploding in the sky.


red fireworks Twin SunsBlue & Gold Flower


Even when the brights lights gave way to a quiet night again, I still had something good to come back to :


Joshua Retreat Youth Group (sepia)


GOD is good...all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo fix your link :P

Post a Comment