Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wicked

I just returned from Costa Mesa tonight watching my first Broadway musical with Acts of Worship (AOW), our youthful church drama team. My sister was busy with summer school finals this week and offered her seat to me. After a delicious Italian dinner with AOW, I walked in the Orange County Performing Arts Center with medium expectations, not really knowing exactly what I was getting into. Needless to say, I was blown away. There was so much talent put into this 2.5+ hour musical, especially with melodic singing from the good and wicked witches as well as the ensemble cast in their colorful costumes. The bright, dynamic sets were like icing on the cake to complete the show.

It's definitely official: a new appreciation for Broadway productions has just been born. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment