Sunday, September 2, 2007

Surf's Up!



Despite all the encouragements, I decided to opt out of the annual summer retreat in UCSD, and instead spend the last weekend of summer just relaxing at home. Ironically, there isn't much rest at a church-wide retreat (or at least, I know I wouldn't!). =) In addition, I still needed to gather some my thoughts on the summer and gather energy for the exciting year ahead. Since it was scorching hot, I thought it would be a good idea to hit the waves once more yesterday with my friend Garth.

We went to Manhattan Beach (conveniently right next to his place in El Segundo), and found a good spot in the midst of the Labor Day weekend crowds. I definitely felt more confident my second time around in the ocean, and caught some pretty good waves that late morning. I even came close to standing on my board for about 4 seconds (before wiping out)!

Such a fun water sport and a good ride onto the beach. I just might have to get a wet suit and my own board to do this during the off-season months. =) Cowabunga, dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment