Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Glimpse of Heaven

Currently Listening
God of This City
By Passion
see related













One of the cool things about going to conferences is seeing the great kingdom of God uniting together to meet God - and to be met by God. People from cities, states, and even countries gather to worship together and learn more of our great and loving Dad.

And the fun doesn't stop there.

As I made my way to the front row the first night of Passion '08 where Josh was waiting with our seats (he can get through crowds like no one), I turned and found in the seat next to him...Kyle Shimazaki! He was our church youth camp's speaker from two years ago who made quite an impact on the kids. I was so elated to see him after all this time, and spent a few minutes just catching up with one another.

When the night ended and we were exiting the Nokia Theater, I suddenly ran into Pastor Steve Lo, another youth camp speaker from last year! Needless to say, I was filled with even more joy when giving my next hug.

What's the point of these run-ins you might ask? I imagine that is what heaven would be like: coming home to a big family of believers, some we have seen often and others maybe only once. Extending that hand, high-five, or hug, and sharing everything about the life before. And lastly, being together with the One who was there the whole way.

Not yet, but I can't wait. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment